–As our community tries to stay healthy and safe through this “new” reality that Covid 19 brings to us…we ask that all NCCSPA members and their guests use the NCCSPA Tennis Courts using best practices. Please see the following guidance:
Summer 2020 Kids Tennis Classes information linked here!
UPDATED TENNIS GUIDELINES AND RECOMMENDED PRECAUTIONS IN LIGHT OF COVID 19
Below is new guidance and recommended precautions that the pool Board has assembled for the tennis courts. Please know that the Board is continuing to monitor the situation at the tennis courts and this guidance will be updated as needed. We appreciate your cooperation so we can ensure that our courts remain a safe and peaceful place to play.
- There can be no more than 4 people per court at any time.
- Wash your hands with a disinfectant soap and water (for 20 seconds or longer); or use a hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available, before going to the court.
- Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles.
- Do not share racquets or any other equipment such as wristbands, grips, hats and towels.
- Bring a full water bottle.
- Consider taking extra precautions such as wearing gloves.
- Avoid touching court gates, fences, benches if possible.
- Close court dividers.
- Wear mask when entering and leaving courts if other players are nearby.
- Maintain social distancing from other players.
- Stay on your side of the court if possible.
- Leave the court as soon as reasonably possible. No congregation after playing.
- Wash your hands thoroughly or use hand sanitizer after coming off the court.
- If you or a member of your immediate household has recently returned from another state (excluding Virginia and DC), please do not visit the courts for at least 14 days.
- If you or a member of your immediate household feel unwell for any reason or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, please seek appropriate medical advice and do not visit the courts.
- If you have visited the courts and later find that you have COVID-19, please contact the board at email@example.com to let us know the day/s and time/s that you played on the courts.
Your NCCSPA Board
Our tennis rules have been posted. Please review them HERE.
Our two courts are available to NCCSPA members and their guests only. Note the courts are occasionally reserved for clinics, leagues, and special events. During swim season players must sign in at the front desk, and guest players must pay a small fee. Outside of swim season courts are available on a first-come, first-served basis. A court must be vacated on the hour if other members are waiting to play. The court nearest the pools is Court 1, the one nearest the street is Court 2.
Please remember to close and lock the gate to the tennis courts when you leave. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for the combination. Please ensure that the gate is completely closed by pushing on it before entering the code.