Information for NCCSPA members
These rules and regulations have been developed by the Board of Directors to assure safe and sanitary use of pool facilities and enjoyable recreation for all members and their guests.
- Parents are requested to caution their children to observe the rules and to obey the instructions of the Club Manager and other employees. Any failure to comply with these rules may result in the suspension of pool privileges.
- The Club Manager is in charge of the Club premises at all times and is responsible for the maintenance of order, cleanliness, and safety on Club property. The Manager is responsible for supervising all phases of Club operation and for the proper enforcement of the rules and regulations. All employees are under the direction of the Club Manager.
- The Club Manager shall caution and warn violators, or if necessary, in his opinion, shall suspend temporarily from privileges anyone who he finds willfully violating these rules. Suspension for longer periods may be made by the Board of Directors.
Use of Pools
- The pool is open from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend, or as otherwise established by the Board of Directors.
- The Club Manager has the authority to restrict the use of either or both pools depending on such factors as the condition of equipment, weather conditions, or other relevant factors. The small pool generally will be used for the convenience of persons interested in swimming full lengths of the pool.
- The pools may be closed when necessary for maintenance or repairs upon the recommendation of the Club Manager. The Club Manager may close the pools for the day when the weather is dangerous or poor for swimming. The grounds will not be kept open just for other recreational activities.
- Admission to the Pool Area Only members who are in good standing will be admitted.
- All members must check in upon entering the pool area by providing the last name on the account to the attendant.
- Children under 10 years will not be permitted to enter or remain on the pool grounds unless continuously accompanied by an adult or responsible youth of at least 14 years of age.
- Fifteen minutes out of every hour will be for adult swimming only (age 18 and up).
- A guest shall be charged for use of all NCC facilities, including the use of the pools, tennis courts, basketball courts, and bathhouse. Guests will be admitted only when sponsored by and accompanied by an active member and payment of the prescribed fees.
- Guest passes may be purchased online at www.nccspa.com and logging into your member account and selecting the Payments page. The number of passes you purchase will automatically be added to your account and will be debited when you check in with your guest(s) upon arrival at the pool. Alternatively, you may purchase guest passes directly from the check-in attendant at the pool, this will generate an invoice and be sent to you to be paid by credit card. The guest fee is $5 per guest.
- The Club Manager at his discretion may limit the total number of pool guests when conditions are crowded.
- Members will be held responsible for the conduct of their guests.
- In accordance with the By-Laws, the Board of Directors may suspend guest privileges of any member when in their opinion these privileges have been abused.
- A pool or section of a pool may be reserved for swimming lessons as scheduled by the Club Manager subject to the approval of the Board of Directors. Notice of such instruction will be posted in advance.
- Group or private swimming lessons are available only to Club Members and guests (who pay the usual entrance fee) and must be arranged for in advance with the Club Manager. Charges will be established by the Club Manager and posted at the pool.
Health and Sanitation Regulations
- All persons must take a shower bath and use soap prior to using the pool.
- All bathers must wear regular bathing suits — no cutoffs.
- All children, not toilet trained MUST wear swim diapers and plastic pants, which fit tightly about the waist and legs
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose, etc., is strictly prohibited in the pool.
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS (including baby bottles) are allowed in the pool, on the pool deck, or on the grassy areas. Food, drink, chewing gum, paper, and trash are not permitted in the immediate pool area. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on NCCSPA property.
- All refuse must be placed in containers provided for such purpose. Recyclable materials should be placed in containers provided for recycling.
- No pets are allowed within the pool enclosure.
- Report all accidents.
- All persons must obey the instructions of the lifeguards and Manager.
- No persons will use the pool unless it is officially open and the guards are on duty.
- All Swimmers of 8 and under must complete an annual swim check in order to use the diving boards or swim in the deep end of the pool.
- Running, rough play, and personal conduct endangering the safety of self and others in any part of this establishment is prohibited.
- Use of small floats will be allowed in the wading pool.
- Absolutely no water guns, mermaid tails, swim fins, or rafts are permitted at any time in the pool.
- Ball playing will not be permitted in the pool or in the immediate vicinity of the pool, except that certain organized water sports, such as water polo or water basketball, may be permitted in a limited area of the pool at the discretion of, and under the supervision of, the Club Manager when pool usage permits.
- In order to ensure proper supervision, the Manager should be advised of any known physical handicap of any member of your family or any special consideration that is necessary.
- Children under 10 years of age are not permitted in the main pools unless accompanied by an adult or unless they have passed the intermediate swimming test under the observation of a member of the pool staff. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult after 7 PM.
- Only children 6 years of age and under are permitted in the wading pool. Children are not permitted in the wading pool unless accompanied and directly supervised at all times by an adult..
- Only one person is permitted on the diving board or ladder at one time.
- Divers must not dive until the previous diver has cleared the area below the board.
- Diving is not permitted from the side of the board.
- Excessive bouncing on the diving board is prohibited.
- Swimmers other than divers are not permitted in the diving area, i.e., from the 9 foot mark to the deep end of the pool.
- Retrieving objects from the bottom of the diving well is prohibited unless authorized by a lifeguard.
- Running dives from the deck is prohibited. No diving is permitted from the deck in the shallow end of the pool, i.e., from the 4-foot mark to the shallow end, as indicated by the painted yellow line.
- No child may use the diving board unless he/she has passed the swim test administered by the lifeguards.
Pool Grounds Rules
- If using an automobile, pool members and guests must use the parking lot and avoid parking on adjacent streets. Members must drive slowly (5 m.p.h.) and carefully on pool premises.
- A FULL STOP on leaving at the Brierly exit is required.
- Blowing of automobile horns to summon children, or any other unnecessary noise or commotion within the pool grounds is prohibited.
- All injuries occurring on the Association premises must be reported immediately to the Club Manager or the staff member in charge.
- Loitering in the vicinity of the office and gate is prohibited.
- Use of abusive or profane language or other improper conduct shall be grounds for expulsion from the pool property.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted on the pool premises.
Please review the tennis rules, located here.