These rules and regulations have been developed by the Board of Directors to assure safe and sanitary use of pool facilities and enjoyable recreation for all members and their guests.
- Parents are requested to caution their children to observe the rules and to obey the instructions of the Club Manager and other employees. Any failure to comply with these rules may result in suspension of pool privileges.
- The Club Manager is in charge of the Club premises at all times and is responsible for the maintenance of order, cleanliness and safety on Club property. The Manager is responsible for supervising all phases of Club operation and for the proper enforcement of the rules and regulations. All employees are under the direction of the Club Manager.
- The Club Manager shall caution and warn violators, or if necessary, in his opinion, shall suspend temporarily from privileges anyone who he finds willfully violating these rules. Suspension for longer periods may be made by the Board of Directors.
Pool Grounds Rules
- If using an automobile, pool members and guests must use the parking lot and avoid parking on adjacent streets. Members must drive slowly (5 m.p.h.) and carefully on pool premises.
- A FULL STOP on leaving at the Brierly exit is required.
- Blowing of automobile horns to summon children, or any other unnecessary noise or commotion within the pool grounds, is prohibited.
- All injuries occurring on the Association premises must be reported immediately to the Club Manager or the staff member in charge.
- Loitering in the vicinity of the office and gate is prohibited.
- Use of abusive or profane language or other improper conduct shall be grounds for expulsion from the pool property.
- The basketball area is limited in size and is intended primarily for shooting baskets rather than for competitive play. Users should not get involved in long team games to the exclusion of others who might like to play for a short time.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted on the pool premises.
Use of Pools
- The pool is open from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend, or as otherwise established by the Board of Directors.
- The Club Manager has the authority to restrict use of either or both pools depending on such factors as condition of equipment, weather conditions or other relevant factors. The small pool generally will be used for the convenience of persons interested in swimming full lengths of the pool.
- The pools may be closed when necessary for maintenance or repairs upon recommendation of the Club Manager. The Club Manager may close the pools for the day when the weather is dangerous or poor for swimming. The grounds will not be kept open just for other recreational activities.
- Admission to the Pool Area Only members who are in good standing will be admitted.
- All members must present a valid membership card to enter the pool area. Membership cards may be obtained from the Chairman of the Gate Committee. Children between 1 and 5 years of age must have a new card each year with an updated photograph. Children below the age of 1 year do not need a membership card.
- Children under 8 years will not be permitted to enter or remain in the pool grounds unless continuously accompanied by an adult or responsible youth of at least 14 years of age.
- Children under 12 will not be permitted to enter or remain in the pool grounds after 7 pm unless continuously accompanied by a parent.
- Fifteen minutes out of every hour will be for adult swimming only (age 18 and up).
- A guest shall be charged for use of all NCC facilities, including use of the pools, tennis courts, basketball courts and bathhouse. Guests will be admitted only when sponsored by and accompanied by an active member and payment of the prescribed fees.
- A $15 guest ticket may be purchased by check only from the gatehouse. The guest fee is $5 per guest.
- A special weekly pass may be obtained from the Manager for bona fide houseguests in a member’s home upon payment of fees established by the Board of Directors.
- The Club Manager at his discretion may limit the total number of pool guests when conditions are crowded.
- Members will be held responsible for the conduct of their guests. In the event of the abuse of guest privileges, the Club Manager shall report the same in writing to the Board of Directors within 24 hours.
- In accordance with the By-Laws, the Board of Directors may suspend guest privileges of any member when in their opinion these privileges have been abused.
- A pool or section of a pool may be reserved for swimming lessons as scheduled by the Club Manager subject to the approval of the Board of Directors. Notice of such instruction will be posted in advance.
- Group or private swimming lessons are available only to Club Members and guests (who pay the usual entrance fee) and must be arranged for in advance with the Club Manager. Charges will be established by the Club Manager and posted at the pool.
Health and Sanitation Regulations
- To keep the water clean, prevent infections and continue our excellent health record, all persons must take a shower bath and use soap prior to using the pool.
- All bathers must wear regular bathing suits — no cutoffs.
- No footwear will be worn anywhere on the pool deck beyond the painted line.
- All persons having any skin disease, sore or inflamed eyes, cold, nasal or ear discharge, any communicable disease, excessive sunburn, open sores, or bandages of any kind will not be permitted to use the pool.
- All children not toilet trained MUST wear garments made of non-porous material, which fit tightly about the waist and legs (i.e., rubber or nylon pants).
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose, etc., is strictly prohibited in the pool.
- Bits of grass from the lawn adhering to the feet must be cleaned off before entering deck area of pool.
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS (including baby bottles) are allowed in the pool, on the pool deck, or on the grassy areas. Food, drink, chewing gum, paper and trash are not permitted in the immediate pool area. Smoking is not permitted on the pool deck.
- All refuse must be placed in containers provided for such purpose. Recyclable materials should be placed in containers provided for recycling.
- No pets are allowed within the pool enclosure.
- Report all accidents.
- All persons must obey the instructions of the lifeguards and Manager.
- No persons will use the pool unless it is officially open and the guards are on duty.
- Persons unable to demonstrate to the guards their ability to swim are not permitted in the deep water.
- Running, rough play and personal conduct endangering safety of self and others in any part of this establishment is prohibited.
- Use of small artificial floats will be allowed in the wading pool.
- Swim fins, masks and floats are permitted in the main pool at the discretion of the Club Manager when pool occupancy is low.
- Ball playing will not be permitted in the pool or in the immediate vicinity of the pool, except that certain organized water sports, such as water polo or water basketball, may be permitted in a limited area of the pool at the discretion of, and under the supervision of, the Club Manager when pool usage permits.
- In order to ensure proper supervision the Manager should be advised of any known physical handicap of any member of your family or any special consideration that is necessary.
- Children under 7 years of age are not permitted in the main pools, unless accompanied by an adult or unless they have passed the intermediate swimming test under observation of a member of the pool staff.
- Only children 6 years of age and under are permitted in the wading pool. Children are not permitted in the wading pool unless accompanied and directly supervised at all times by an adult or responsible youth of at least 14 years of age.
- Only one person is permitted on the diving board or ladder at one time.
- Divers must not dive until the previous diver has cleared the area below the board.
- Diving is not permitted from the side of the board.
- Excessive bouncing on the diving board is prohibited.
- Swimmers other than divers are not permitted in the diving area, i.e., from the 9 foot mark to the deep end of the pool.
- Retrieving of objects from the bottom of the diving well is prohibited unless authorized by a lifeguard.
- Running dives from the deck are prohibited. No diving is permitted from the deck in the shallow end of the pool, i.e., from the 4 foot mark to the shallow end, as indicated by the painted yellow line.
- No child may use the diving board unless he/she can swim the width of the pool.
Lap Pool Rules
The new lap pool rules were approved by the Board on March 17, 2011.
- Lap lanes are intended for multiple swimmers.
- Lap lane usage is for continuous serious full length exercise.
- Early bird swim is available for lap swimming for persons 16 and older.
- During the swim team season, the lap lanes are reserved for swim practice from 5:00 – 6:30 pm, M-F.
- One lane of the lap pool will be dedicated for swim lessons from 6:30 – 7:30 pm.
- During all other times, one lane of the lap pool may be dedicated for swim lessons based on the discretion of the pool manager or head life guard.
Please review the tennis rules, located here.